Thursday, March 08, 2007

Mothering Sunday - 18th March (UK)

Right, time for fathers to unite - not in a dress up as spiderman kind of way - but in order to solve one problem:

What should I give my wife for mothers day on behalf of my child(ren)?

Over this post and the next few, I hope that between all of us that read this blog, we will come up with some great lists to help each other. If you have an idea, just post it as a comment and I will pull them all together. Here are some starters:

Flowers - www.interflora.co.uk
Red Letter Days - adventure, spa days, cooking courses and more
A Fortnum & Mason hamper
For something more compassionate look at Save the Children
Tree to my Door looks pretty different
A more sophisticated present of perfume and other stuff
This website can help you find something - Find me a Gift

I've spoken to some mothers since yesterday and some more thoughts based on what they would like to receive:

A poem written and decorated by the small person
A picture they create
A hand made card

I've found a great site that can help with all the creative stuff (ideas, instructions etc). Here's the link.

The clear caveat here is that you will need to actually get out all the creative stuff, spread out in your kitchen and create with them. If you are anything like me then this all sounds rather off-putting but on the "International Bonding with my Children" scale, it ranks very highly.

More ideas soon.

By the way, anyone interested should look here for what Mothers Day is actually about.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My suggestions for mothersday presents

For mini you: poem, song, dance, violin sonata, letter or a drawing. A painted plate or cup from the pottery cafe.
For you: 2 hours to p[amper herself without the kids (take them to the pottery cafe :-), a well organised family lunch (suggestion: Petersham nurseries... book quickly), or a night out together completely organised and booked by daddy.

Let's not forget traditional Breakfast in bed with a good bunch of roses: that would do the trick for me.

Good luck,

Deborah